MaterialsMatrix Code of Conduct
This is a space to share thoughts, to pose questions and to help each other. MaterialsMatrix expects compliance with the following policies for the benefit of all users:
- Do not post unauthorised personal information.
Respect the confidentiality of others and do not disclose any non-public information or personal information without consent.
- Take responsibility for the content you post.
This includes information, text, images, messages etc. If you didn’t create the content that you post, it is your responsibility to ensure you have the necessary consents and permissions.
Set the tone for online conversations by being polite, open and respectful. It is not expected that you will agree with other users at all times but it is expected that you communicate in a respectful way. Any abusive, offensive or inflammatory posts or any comments which personally attack any individual will not be tolerated and will be removed.
- Do not post spam or misleading links.
Using the MaterialsMatrix platform to post spam or to link to harmful or damaging content (“phishing”) is forbidden.
MaterialsMatrix operates a ‘Three Strikes’ policy for non-severe violations. The first infraction will quarantine an account’s posts for one week; a second will quarantine an account’s posts for one month; a third will result in an account’s termination.
In the case of serious policy breaches such as personal threats, MaterialsMatrix reserves the right to immediately terminate the violating account.
Please read the terms and conditions for more information on our site usage policy. If you have any questions regarding the Code of Conduct, please contact the Moderation team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MaterialsMatrix Enforcement Plan
Violations of the MaterialsMatrix Code of Conduct will result in one of three outcomes.
- In cases of the least severe breaches, or those that could be rationally interpreted as accidental, a MaterialsMatrix Moderator will contact the offending party and notify them of their infringement. The offending content will be either deleted or edited as appropriate, and a warning will be given.
- In cases of moderate breaches, or in the case of a repeat offence of a minor breach, the offending account will be placed into moderation for a week. During this time, any post that the offending user makes will need to be manually approved by a MaterialsMatrix moderator before it is published on-site. This will count as a ‘strike’ against the offending party. A second strike will quarantine an account’s posts for an amount of time proportional to the severity of offence. The range of duration will begin at one month and increase up to six months. A third strike will result in a permanent termination of the account.
- In extreme cases, or in the case of attempting to evade any other punishment (such as the creation of a second account to avoid moderation or circumvent a prior ban), the offending account will immediately be terminated. This will also apply in cases where a MaterialsMatrix Moderator has reasonable suspicion that an account is being automated (‘bot’ accounts) for the purpose of spamming, harassing, phishing, or otherwise impairing the intended functioning of the site.
A full list of infractions is as follows:
- Threats of violence. You may not threaten violence towards others or use the site to organize, promote, or incite acts of real-world violence or terrorism. Even if you mean something as a joke, it might not be received that way. If you think that someone else might interpret the content you post as a threat, or as promoting violence or terrorism, stop. Don't post it. In extraordinary cases, we may report threats of violence to law enforcement if we think there may be a genuine risk of physical harm or a threat to public safety.
- Hate speech and discrimination. The MaterialsMatrix is a space open to all, regardless of nationality, sexuality, ethnicity, gender identity, and religion. We expect our Community members to be respectful when discussing sensitive topics.
- Bullying and harassment. Bullying and harassment is not tolerated on our Community. Repeated badgering or intimidation, against an individual or a group, will be treated as a concerted effort to bully.
- Impersonation. You may not impersonate another person by copying their avatar, posting content under their email address, intentionally using a deceptively similar username or otherwise posing as someone else.
- Doxxing and invasion of privacy. Don't post other people's personal information, such as phone numbers, private email addresses, physical addresses, credit card numbers, Social Security/National Identity numbers, or passwords.
- Prurient/Sexually explicit content. Our Community is expected to retain a professional, if informal atmosphere. Sexual material and pornography is not permitted on the site. If you would not feel comfortable posting something at your place of work, do not do so here.
- Spam / Zero Value Content. Don’t post advertisements, link to spammy websites, or otherwise vandalize the Community. Content that we deem spammy will be removed. If a Moderator suspects that the content originates from a ‘bot’ account, the account will be terminated.
- Copyrighted or illegal content.
- Malware or exploits. Being part of this Community includes not taking advantage of other members of the Community. We do not allow anyone to use our platform for exploit delivery (e.g. Using the Community as a means to deliver malicious executables).
Citizens may request further information regarding infractions or strikes by contacting email@example.com .